Best explanation to understand and solve the average problems.
This topic is very easy since we have learned a lot about this from our school days.
This is one of the important topics in any exams that you attend and this is used in all fields of job.
Though you all learned about this topic from your schools, we have given some important tips and formulas to solve these problems easily in your exams.
You can also practice for your exams with the help of the aptitude test that we provide in our website.
What is Average?
Average is nothing but a single number that is taken as a representative of a list of numbers.
In other words, the average is the sum or addition of the given set of numbers that is divided by the total number of numbers.
Average are commonly represented by the terms MEAN, MEDIAN and MODE.
What is Mean?
Mean is the average of the given set of numbers. You add up all the given numbers and then divide it with the total number of numbers to derive the mean.
What is Median?
Median is nothing but the middle value of the given set of numbers.
What is Mode?
Mode is the number that occurs most often in the given set of numbers.
Average Aptitude Important Formulas
Here are some important formulas that will help you to solve the average problems
1. Average = Sum of given numbers / No. of numbers
Sum of given numbers = average x no. of numbers
No. of numbers = average x sum of the given numbers
2. Average of two or more group of numbers can be represented as n1 and n2. Their individual sums can be represented as A and B.
Average = n1A – n2B / n1 – n2
3. The average of given n number of quantities is equal to A. One quantity of value P is replaced with a new quantity having value Q the average of quantities becomes B. Then Q is given by
Q = P + n (A – B)
4. The average of given n number of quantities is equal to A. If we remove one quantity the average becomes B, the value of the removed quantity is given by
The value of removed quantity = n(A – B) + B
If the average of given n number of quantities is equal to A and by adding a new quantity, the average becomes B, the value of new quantity is given by
The value of new quantity = n(A – B) + B
What are the quick methods to solve average problems?
Here are some methods to solve your average problems quickly
1. The average of n numbers is X. If each number is multiplied by Y, the new average is given by
New average = Initial average x Y
2. The average age of a group of boys is given. If the new average age after a boy joins the group is also given, the age of new boy is given by
Age of new boy = New average + number of boys initially x increase in average
3. The average weight of a group of people is given. If we replace a person in the group with another person and the new average is increased,
The weight of new person = weight of the removed person + no. of persons x increase in average
4. The average of the marks gained by the students is given. The average of the marks gained by the passed students and failed students are also given, then
Number of passed candidates = Total candidates (total average – average of marks of failed students) / (Average of marks of passed students – average of marks of failed students)
Number of failed students = Total candidates (average of marks of failed students – total average) / (Average of marks of passed students – average of marks of failed students)
These are the important formulas and tricks to solve the average problems easily.with these formulas and tricks try to solve the multiple choice questions in our website.