Perfectly explained Letter and Symbol Series with solved question and answers
This section will help you to learn about the logical reasoning aptitude called ‘Letter and Symbol Series.’ Questions from this section are frequently asked in various exams and it plays an important role in scoring high marks.
Also try to solve letter and symbol series online tests which will give you more practice.
While writing any kind of competitive exams, consider time management. Also follow the tips and tricks given here to be a pro in solving Letter and Symbol Series within the given time period and of course it saves your time too.
What is letter and symbol series?
Letter and symbol series is an important part of reasoning. Many students reject the section because of solving confusions. But once understood, it is very easy to answer this kind of question.
Letter and symbol series is a series of numbers or letters that are arranged in a specific manner in which each term is based on some specific rules.
The questions from this section are like a pattern will be given along with options, from which you have to find the correct answer that matches with the given pattern.
There will also be number series along with blanks and you have to fill in the blanks by finding the correct number series.
1.WVU, TSR, ___, NML
Answer is option (a). The alphabetical order is given in reverse.
2. ABON, TUZY, KLSR, VWHG
Answer is option (d). The pattern is like the 1st two letters in correct alphabetical order and next two are in reverse order.
Tips and tricks for letter and symbol series
- The very first trick is to understand the alphabetical series. There are 26 letters in English from A to Z. So you have to order the letters by giving value like 1 for A, 2 for B,.., 26 for Z.
- In some questions, there will be a mixed arrangement of numbers, letters and symbols. In such cases, you have to read the question carefully and answer.
- Consonants and vowels based questions are common in letter and symbol series. Letter positions are also frequently asked. So take a keen look at the letter positions.
- Some arrangements of letters will be given in the question and you have to answer the identical pattern for the given arrangement.
- In number series, a series of numbers will be given along with some blanks in between. You have to fill in the blanks by understanding the given series.
Check more examples below to get a clear understanding about letter and number series. One of the best tricks to get good marks is practicing. So practice our free online test question and answer to get good marks. Focusing is the secret of success.