Simple way of solving paragraph formation question and answer with tips
In this article you will be learning in detail about the verbal aptitude called ‘paragraph formation’. Two or more sentences combined together to form a paragraph.
You have to form the correct order of paragraph in these aptitude. This is one of the easy aptitudes in verbal ability. To know more about this aptitude, continue reading this article.
What is called paragraph formation?
In the “Paragraph Formation” verbal ability questions, there will be five sentences which are randomly arranged.
You are required to rearrange them to make a logical paragraph and then answer the given question.
The question may vary according to the given sentences. Either you have give the correct order or you will have to find which sentence will come in the beginning or end of the sentence.
What are the tips for paragraph formation?
Paragraphs are made up of sentences. So to solve the formation of paragraph you need to know about the formation of sentences.
Whenever you answer a question, you should read and understand the question clearly.
The same is applicable in paragraph formation. Read the paragraph, analyse the question and try to find the correct answer.
This is the only simple and easy way to solve these questions.
What are the basic elements of a paragraph?
The very basic element of a paragraph is words. Words combine together to form a sentence. Two or more sentences combine together to form a paragraph.
Apart from that punctuations also plays a major role in formation of paragraph. There is an order to form a paragraph.
The first sentence of a paragraph will always gives a brief introduction about the topic or the key word that will be discussed in the paragraph. And there should be a sequential order of sentences in a paragraph so that it will be meaningful.
Examples for paragraph formation
1. Maria reached office at 10 O’ clock after sending the money.
2. Maria’s parents needed some money.
3. After that, she spent almost half an hour at the Post Office.
4. So, she went to the bank to withdraw some money.
5. However, she had no money with her.
Which of the following should come third in the paragraph?
ANSWER: Option D
1. Peter was shocked upon realizing that his leg had lost sensation.
2. When he tried to stand up and walk, his leg was not moving.
3. He had to lie down, till he saw a flash light.
4. It was almost midnight so nobody heard his voice.
5. Peter fell down on the road due to a sudden leg sprain.
6. After this realization, he was very nervous, so he called out for help.
Which of the following should come first in the paragraph?
ANSWER: Option E
1. The history of mankind has witnessed many such fights between nations, people, communities, and nations.
2. Today, man has advanced from primitive weapons of warfare to the modern weapons such as missiles, atom bomb, hydrogen bomb, etc.
3. Since the dawn of civilization man is fighting with man.
4. Although modern war is scientific, the effect is the same wiping out human existence on the Earth.
5. The only difference now is the efficiency of the weapons used to kill each other.
Which of the following should be the second sentence in the paragraph?
ANSWER: Option A
These are few examples for paragraph formation verbal aptitude questions. With the help of given examples and explanation try to solve the verbal aptitude questions given in our website and develop your skills.